Explore a world of new possibilities with the PrisMax 2 system
Our next-generation critical care system is designed with your needs in mind
Enhance operational simplicity
Expand treatment possibilities
Optimize smart efficiencies
Maximize accuracy and system performance
Experience maximized simplicity in therapy delivery
User friendly interface helps provide seamless therapy delivery
The user-friendly interface of the PrisMax 2 system helps users manage various aspects of the treatment, from setup to patient disconnection – helping to reduce nursing burden1.
• Large 15-inch rotating, adjustable touchscreen for multidirectional viewing of critical data even from a distance
• Simple step-by-step on-screen instructions with color coding and confirmation of completed steps with check marks
• Continuous display of vital information to simplify monitoring
• Troubleshooting information supported with images for guidance
• Auto checkup for therapy continuation in case of alarms
Enhance EMR connectivity for auto-documentation
Time is in short supply in most ICUs with patient care being a top priority. Save up to 16 minutes per hour with auto-documentation2 and ease the burden on your nursing staff using the PrisMax 2 system with TrueVue Connect, a digital add-on communication module, offering enhanced Electronic Medical Record (EMR) connectivity.
• Secure connection to the hospital’s EMR through wireless or wired connections enabling auto-documentation of therapy data
• TrueVue Connect can communicate using HL7 and is compatible with leading EMR systems and middleware vendors
Alkalosis risk assessment
The Normalized Net Buffer Load (nNBL) is a new parameter for alkalosis risk assessment during regional citrate anticoagulation (RCA). The nNBL is continuously displayed on the user interface of the PrisMax 2 system during prescription setting and treatment.
Facilitate consistency with Therapy Profiles
With the PrisMax 2 system, you can save custom therapy profiles with individual prescription settings to facilitate consistency in treatment delivery and accelerate setup.
Multiple profiles can be stored on the system.
Expand treatment possibilities beyond CRRT
Every patient that comes into the ICU has different needs. Therapies often need to be customized to meet these complex, specialized and varied treatment requirements. The PrisMax 2 system enables you to meet these requirements with its wide range of therapy capabilities, including CRRT, Blood Purification for Sepsis Management to remove cytokines and endotoxin, Extracorporeal CO2 Removal (ECCO2R) and Therapeutic Plasma Exchange (TPE).
The system allows you to deliver single or combined intensive care therapies without the need for additional equipment, offering operational and training efficiencies1.
Deliver CRRT to meet individual patient needs
The PrisMax 2 system offers treatment flexibility and is supported by a comprehensive range of disposables and solutions for individual patient needs, which includes low body weight patients.
Baxter’s solutions including phosphate- and citrate-based formulas, are designed with CRRT in mind to provide you prescribing flexibility. The solutions for regional citrate anticoagulation, alongside the PrisMax 2 system and its integrated citrate/calcium management software, enables a choice of protocols for both diffusive and convective therapies.
Blood purification for Sepsis Management (with or without AKI)
The PrisMax 2 system is compatible with the Oxiris filter set, the only 3-in-1 blood purification filter set to effectively remove cytokines and endotoxins as a blood purification therapy for sepsis management while delivering CRRT1.
Integrate ECCO₂R therapy
The PrisMax 2 system with the PrismaLung+ gas exchanger supports the delivery of ECCO2R either as a stand-alone therapy or in combination with CRRT and/or blood purification for sepsis management1.
Access TPE 24/7
With the PrisMax 2 system, you can deliver round-the-clock TPE to support time-critical indications1.
Deliver multiple therapies on one platform
The PrisMax 2 system allows you to deliver CRRT, ECCO2R, blood purification for sepsis management and TPE, all through the convenience of one platform, which minimizes the need for additional investment, monitor maintenance and staff training. All treatment modalities are supported by dedicated software that provides step-by-step guidance for easy treatment setup and management1.
Run several therapies simultaneously for increased flexibility
The PrisMax 2 system offers three multi-organ therapies for use as stand-alone or in combination: CRRT, ECCO2R with the PrismaLung+ device and blood purification for sepsis management with the Oxiris filter set. To limit therapy invasiveness, it is possible to perform the therapies simultaneously using only a single access point1.
Optimize clinical workflows by reduced device interactions
The unique Auto-Effluent Drain accessory, which is available for the PrisMax 2 system, helps in optimizing the workflow in your ICU by:
- Potentially reducing bag changes by 60% and eliminating the need to change effluent bags manually, allowing more time for patient care1
- Decreasing therapy downtime and potentially increasing therapy delivery time by up to 30 minutes per patient per day4
Focus more on patient care with intelligent automation
Smart alarms help prevent alarm fatigue by automatically clearing alarms that are displayed for only informative purposes, such as pressure alarms. It reduces device interactions during therapy delivery enabling nursing staff to focus more on patient care1.
Advanced pressure management also minimizes alarms due to sudden pressure spikes caused by the patient moving.
Support CRRT improvements with data-driven insights
Take advantage of data-driven CRRT quality improvement programs with TrueVue Therapy Management that enables you to:
- Use your hospital-specific data to support data-driven decision-making
- Create standardized processes to help improve CRRT program efficiency
Maximize accuracy and system performance
Meet prescribed fluid removal targets
The PrisMax 2 system’s unique technology includes the Patient Fluid Removal (PFR) Catch-Up, that uses intelligent pump adjustments to help meet prescribed fluid removal targets.
This patented technology tracks therapy delivery and safely adjusts effluent pump speed to help meet clinically prescribed fluid removal targets — even when treatment interruptions occur for up to 10 minutes per instance1.
In a clinical setting, the PrisMax 2 system delivered 99.8% of prescribed patient fluid removal4.
Maintain patient temperature with effective blood warming
The TherMax Blood Warmer is controlled through the intuitive user interface of the PrisMax 2 system and delivers effective blood warming for a range of therapies.
Independent from fluid flow rates and therapy interruptions, the TherMax Blood Warmer offers:
• Efficient blood warming during CRRT
• Reduced risk of hypothermia with precise control of return blood temperature between 35°C and 38°C
• Easy warmer management through the PrisMax 2 system user interface
Driving purposeful innovation in critical care: Introducing two new solutions powered by the PrisMax 2 system
Enjoy wireless EMR Connectivity
Save time that can be refocused on patient care with TrueVue Connect, a digital add-on communication module for the PrisMax 2 system, which simplifies auto-documentation with enhanced EMR connectivity.
Add integrated ECCO2R therapy for your critical care patients1
With the PrismaLung+ gas exchanger on the PrisMax 2 system, you can now deliver ECCO₂R therapy to help manage hypercapnia and respiratory acidosis.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
The PrisMax control unit is intended for:
• Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT) for patients with acute renal failure and/or fluid overload
• Therapeutic Plasma Exchange (TPE) therapy for patients with diseases where removal of plasma components is indicated
• Hemoperfusion (HP) for patients with conditions where immediate removal of substances by adsorption is indicated
• Extracorporeal CO₂ Removal (ECCO₂R) for patients with conditions where extracorporeal elimination of carbon dioxide is indicated
The PrismaLung+ device is indicated to provide extracorporeal CO₂ removal (ECCO₂R) as a stand-alone therapy or in combination with Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT). It is intended for patients with increased levels of CO₂ in their blood and with a body weight greater than or equal to 30 kg (66 lb).
The Prismaflex control unit is intended for:
• Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy for patients with acute renal failure and/or fluid overload
• Therapeutic Plasma Exchange Therapy for patients with diseases where removal of plasma components is indicated
• Hemoperfusion for patients with conditions where immediate removal of substances by adsorption is indicated
• Hemopurification for patients with conditions where extracorporeal elimination of carbon dioxide is indicated
The Oxiris set is indicated for use only with the Prismaflex control unit or with the PrisMax control unit (in countries where PrisMax is cleared or registered). It is intended for patients in need of blood purification, including continuous renal replacement therapy and in conditions where excessive endotoxin and inflammatory mediators levels exist. This set is intended for use in the following veno-venous therapies: SCUF; CVVH; CVVHD; CVVHDF.
The TherMax Blood Warmer is intended for use in combination with the PrisMax control unit using Prismaflex blood tubing sets for the warming of blood during extracorporeal blood circulation.
For safe and proper use of the products mentioned herein, please refer to the Operator’s Manual or Instructions for Use.